We are in the Serengeti, having spent two days in ndutu area. We saw elephants, giraffes, birds of all kinds, and finally three cheetahs. We had been exhorting our guides for two days with the expression "wapi duma" (where are the cheetahs) and they rewarded us with three cheetahs and several groups of elephants. We were trying to observe two elephants mating, however, beleieve they did not like the idea of having their act observed.
We had a superlative day today once we entered the Serengeti National Park. I cannot begin to estimate the number of wildebeasts as we are at the height of the migration in this area. Serengeti means "endless plan" and there was an endless parade of these animals. I would conservatively guess over a million. I will have a movie and more pictures but they cannot do it justice.
We also observed a family group of elephants at the water hole.
We had our first encounters with tsetse flies but Beth managed a complete kill.
I will refer you to the photos that I sent from Beth for this evenings activities. The rest are in pictures:
We had a superlative day today once we entered the Serengeti National Park. I cannot begin to estimate the number of wildebeasts as we are at the height of the migration in this area. Serengeti means "endless plan" and there was an endless parade of these animals. I would conservatively guess over a million. I will have a movie and more pictures but they cannot do it justice.
We also observed a family group of elephants at the water hole.
We had our first encounters with tsetse flies but Beth managed a complete kill.
I will refer you to the photos that I sent from Beth for this evenings activities. The rest are in pictures:
No comments:
Post a Comment