Friday, May 3, 2013

Wineland photos

Here are some pictures from the excursion to Stellenbosch and Franschhoek yesterday.  Just for the record, bosch means forest and hoek means corner.  Franschhoek was established by the French Hugenots back in the 17th century and they brought their winemaking skills with them.


This is me at the Lanzerac Winery.





Do you why these people planted roses beside their grapes at this winery?
The set up for wine tasting at the La Motte winery.

4 comments:

  1. I hope these pictures turn out right. Some are large on my screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd mix of very tiny and very large. Lots of zooming in and out to see. Bees?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't really matter- I could see them all. Lovely flowers, lovely church, nice wine flight! I like the picture of you getting cozy with the barrels. I am very very jealous. Cape Town sounds like a beautiful, interesting place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh - and a guess on the roses- it actually affects the taste of the wine...?

    ReplyDelete