APRIL 29, 2013 Just sitting here on the bar where I can have a Zambezi lager and watch the "Smoke that thunders" and continue my blog. I am sorry for being so tardy in updating the writings, however, I just haven't had the time. I was so tired after last Friday that all I could do was eat, sleep, and be on the safari vehicle. I did a poor job of communicating Friday's report, so I will try to do better. I just returned from shopping in Victoria Falls. I had a mission to find a promised item for my friend Sydney and I succeeded. Syd, be well.
I got up early Saturday morning and joined Israel and Brian and Annie from New York City on a Jenman Safari vehicle bound for the Elephant Valley Lodge in Botswana. It is just over 70 km away, however, with two borders to cross, it took over two hours. And you should see some of the roads.
We checked in and enjoyed a nice lunch. The Elephant Valley Lodge is a tented lodge but don't let that fool you. It is just as nice as a normal hotel room except that you can hear every bird, every animal, but you are a distance away from your neighbor.
Then we boarded the safari vehicle and took off on a four hour jaunt through the Kasane Forest Preserve and the Chobe National Park. This park has 186,000 elephants (the largest in the world). We also saw Warthogs, Giraffes, baboons, water buffalo, monkeys, and many types of birds.
I got up early Saturday morning and joined Israel and Brian and Annie from New York City on a Jenman Safari vehicle bound for the Elephant Valley Lodge in Botswana. It is just over 70 km away, however, with two borders to cross, it took over two hours. And you should see some of the roads.
We checked in and enjoyed a nice lunch. The Elephant Valley Lodge is a tented lodge but don't let that fool you. It is just as nice as a normal hotel room except that you can hear every bird, every animal, but you are a distance away from your neighbor.
Then we boarded the safari vehicle and took off on a four hour jaunt through the Kasane Forest Preserve and the Chobe National Park. This park has 186,000 elephants (the largest in the world). We also saw Warthogs, Giraffes, baboons, water buffalo, monkeys, and many types of birds.
No comments:
Post a Comment